Tuesday, May 15, 2007

We're Engaged!!!



I just wanted to let everyone know that Greg and I are engaged to be married on October 20, 2007 at 2:00 p.m. He asked me last Friday night.... I am sooo, extremely happy!!! I'll keep y'all up to date on details... His dad wrote this poem and read it when he announced our engagement to their church...

Gregory & D’Ann

It was a chance meeting in a place far away,
A glance, a moment from which dividends would pay.

Time passed, hearts were offered, and then
Because of struggles they were gathered back again.

One heart was tendered, then broken in two.
The other committed only to be removed.

Wandering hearts asking God for His will
It seemed there was nobody, the void to fill.

Then inspiration, an invitation to the ball;
When he asked the question, she answered the call.

It’s been a long journey fill with moments of care
I like you, I like you, the whispers filled the air.

Then came the moment, like revelation from above,
This can’t be just like, I know I’m in love.

The friendship, the courtship found over the phone
Produced a relationship, now we’ll not be alone.

The way seemed fraught with perilous steps,
But God in His mercy, each footstep kept.

A night down at Shapley’s, a gourmet repast,
A moment on one knee, we’ll marry at last.

And so the date’s given as October 20, 2007.
Greg and D’Ann will find matrimonial heaven!

Congratulations to you both from Mama and me
We’re thankful God’s given us such a blessing to see!

1 comment:

Sheri Merritt Boulet said...

Oh D'Ann I'm so excited!!!!
You could have given Aunt Sher more details to *dream* about....
And to think I haven't even met him yet...that stinks!!
But I love him already as I do you.