Friday, May 11, 2007

Latest Update

I left Mom a little while ago to see about Dad. But it was evident what an awesome God we serve. Mom's spirits are great today. Even though she is uncomfortable she is smiling and laughing. For the first time in way tooooo long, I had my Mama back. Oh how gracious God is! He always knows just what is needed, always right on time.
We are hoping to get out of ICU tomorrow. And I think Monday would be reasonable for discharge. She is stronger than I can even express. Her mind is sharp, and so is her wit. And Dad's is happy knowing she is on the mend.

On another note: I am weighing my options. I'll talk to the director of OR Monday. I spoke with the director of ER/ICU today about an ER position. I think she is willing to help me with my schedule (which would be wonderful) and then I wouldn't have call like I would with OR. I really need to stay in Coffee County because of everything going on. It would be night shift, 36/36, but I think that will work the best. I only get about 5 hours of sleep a night anyway!! And it would mean I need to refresh my EKG knowledge and take ACLS and PALS (D'Ann, you know what I mean, *nurse* talk ;-> )
Since I made up my mind to go back to patient care I feel like the world has lifted off of my shoulders. Please continue to help me pray.

No comments: