Thursday, November 1, 2007

Dad's Surgery

I spoke to Dad a few minutes ago. He sounded excited that Tim is coming out to take him to Jacksonville. I mentioned that I would just drive down that Wednesday for the surgery, and he said, "Well Buddy will be here. He said he could come back here Thursday and bring me home."

I will let you know the specific times and such. I am going over this afternoon to look at the letters he got in. I will just drive down that Wednesday when I get off work. It is a risky surgery and I would hate for one of us to be there alone.

Mom is doing poorly again. She has been bleeding pretty bad from her mouth. Her blood count has dropped some, but I guess not enough for a transfusion again. She looked really bad yesterday.

I will go with Dad next Tuesday to Jacksonville for some labwork, then Wednesday we will go to Valdosta to take Mom to see Dr Ziegler. Hopefully he will give us a good report. The next week we will do the surgery and then Saturday my family and I will head out for Orlando. I will be back late Wednesday night and I am off Thanksgiving so I can go over and cook something up for Dad and Mom.

I'll keep you all posted. Love you!!!

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

Randell and I were talking about when we could come over and we will be in Georgia for the Christmas break. I have 2 weeks off and we can spend the entire time there. So, I have CHRISTmas covered. Make a list of things you need me to do while I am there. And please let me take a bit of the load you are carrying while I am there. I would that I could do more.....

Sheri Merritt Boulet said...

I don't know what is going on with Dad. He looks so bad. We went over earlier and Mom said he has just been sleeping all day. He barely got up long enough to eat while we were there. Mom just called again and said she may call the ambulance to come get him. I told her to just call me first. I pray that he will be better in the morning, but he just seems to be getting poorer and poorer. I'll keep you posted and look forward to ya'll coming.