Friday, September 21, 2007

As requested by my big bear...er, um, brother

Mom is doing better today. She had gone into Congestive Heart Failure, but she said she can breath much better today. I did not find out until yesterday but obviously Mom had been really laying on the pain meds. The nurses said she had been up wandering the halls disoriented. They also had to give her Narcan which reverses the effects of narcotics. I know when we went in one night they had a hard time getting her to wake up. They had to even do a sternal rub (for D'Ann). I was pretty upset to say the least.

Her feet are doing really well and I think when she does get up she is doing so without the pain that she had been having previously. Her kidney function is still not as it should be. They did an echocardiogram this morning and said her heart valve looked good, so that was a good sign.

Uncle Bud came to see her and that really did a lot for her. It was good to see him. He is looking really good. He called this morning and said they are hoping she can go home this weekend.

Dad is doing good. We are doing dialysis right now. He gets lost when Mama is not around. Uncle Bud couldn't believe how things are now.

Hope ya'll are having a good time and a well deserved break. Looking forward to my own in November. Love you all!!!

D'Ann, my poor baby, sick all by yourself. Aunt Sher loves you!!!

1 comment:

Pastor Merritt said...

Thank you for the update. I am going to be covered up for the next 10 days or so. I will find some time to come out and check on Mom & Dad, ASAP.

Love you, JTM